Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index

Zortrax M200 printer
Here is the forum to exchange, share feedbacks, and tips for our great Zortrax products.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Making a small diameter hole in a print on purpose.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index -> HARDWARE { M200 } -> TROUBLESHOOTING
Previous topic :: Next topic  
dgtaylor45

PostPosted: Tue 13 May - 03:00 (2014)    Post subject: Making a small diameter hole in a print on purpose. Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
This isn't really a troubleshooting problem, more of a question.  I also think it would probably apply to any FDM 3d printer.  I have a person who wants me to print a part.  It is a rocket nozzle.  Problem is it needs to have a .156mm hole in the center.  I can't get a print that leaves that hole.  The stl file has the hole, but it gets filled with filament during printing.  I don't think that FDM printers can reliably make a hole that small.

Do I have it wrong?  I told him to get a wire the correct diameter, heat it up and push it through, but he says it has to be in the exact center.

He is not really using it in a rocket, just an engineering model, but he wants to be able to flow air through it.  I don't see why the model just can't have a slightly off center hole, but I am not an engineer either.

Any suggestions?

Kyle

PostPosted: Tue 13 May - 06:28 (2014)    Post subject: Making a small diameter hole in a print on purpose. Reply with quote

That is really small.... Not sure if you can pull that one off. That's just a little bigger than the thickness of a piece of paper.. Good luck!!

maddoc

PostPosted: Tue 13 May - 11:44 (2014)    Post subject: Making a small diameter hole in a print on purpose. Reply with quote

I'm not that experienced but from all the slicers that I tried, no pice of software sliced holes that small.

Under 2 mm it is advisable to make the hole a triangle if you need it to be sliced and then use a drill bit to get it to size.

zortraxowners57

PostPosted: Wed 26 Oct - 08:46 (2016)    Post subject: Making a small diameter hole in a print on purpose. Reply with quote

In the Z-Suit "advanced settings" , have u try the "offset " --> "Holes" parameter?

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:27 (2017)    Post subject: Making a small diameter hole in a print on purpose.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index -> HARDWARE { M200 } -> TROUBLESHOOTING All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Portal | Index | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation