Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index

Zortrax M200 printer
Here is the forum to exchange, share feedbacks, and tips for our great Zortrax products.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bad print
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index -> HARDWARE { M200 } -> PRINTING SAMPLES / Photos - videos
Previous topic :: Next topic  
RobertKamieniarz

PostPosted: Sat 10 May - 21:03 (2014)    Post subject: Bad print Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Visit poster’s website
hanst

PostPosted: Sat 10 May - 21:52 (2014)    Post subject: Bad print Reply with quote

I would try to calibrate the bed again, use abs juice and set fan to 0.

When I calibrate by bed I use a business card and start at the back left, then right back and last centre front. Then I repeat this three steps until I have the exact same feeling when I slide the card between the extruder and the bed on all three points. The feeling I'm looking for is a little friction, the extruder should just touch the paper.
I have found that this step is very crucial for a success full print on all printers (Replicator 2x, Lulzbot TAZ and Z200) that I have used.

I also try to keep all printers that don't have an enclosure free from drag and the higher the surrounding temperature is the less problem I have with warping and delamination.

Best regards
/Hans

Pioo

PostPosted: Sat 10 May - 22:20 (2014)    Post subject: Bad print Reply with quote

- scrape off old glue from bed
- use acetone to degrease bed
- apply new glue
- wait a minute ... let dry little bit
- in Z-suite change fan speed = 0 if you are printing large models

YosemiteSam

PostPosted: Sun 11 May - 00:37 (2014)    Post subject: Bad print Reply with quote

Aluminum plate under perfboard is curved. I am 100%

RobertKamieniarz

PostPosted: Sun 11 May - 09:24 (2014)    Post subject: Bad print Reply with quote

I'll try again Sad

Visit poster’s website
YosemiteSam

PostPosted: Sun 11 May - 18:10 (2014)    Post subject: Bad print Reply with quote

YosemiteSam wrote:

Aluminum plate under perfboard is curved. I am 100%

Measure it with spirit level and send pics to Zortrax support if it is curved. That is what I did.

bluevoid

PostPosted: Sun 11 May - 21:01 (2014)    Post subject: Bad print Reply with quote

might also be dirt buildup under the perfboard. I took mine of after a simular result and was amazed at how much abs had been pushed through the holes and under the perf board.
But even then, using some glue would solve that anyway (but still leave you with a curved bottom of your model).

bluevoid

PostPosted: Sun 11 May - 21:02 (2014)    Post subject: Bad print Reply with quote

ps: calibrating would not help here as the curling up is on three sides. Which side to lift?

Kyle

PostPosted: Mon 12 May - 02:26 (2014)    Post subject: Bad print Reply with quote

I think the bed is way too smooth.. Rub an Acetone soaked rag on the old raft then wipe sticky residue on the white part of the bed. Not in the center square though. Need a good electrical connection there. Try scuffing up bed (lightly) before you rub with rag. Make sure to wipe away any dust after scuffing.

dgtaylor45

PostPosted: Mon 12 May - 07:34 (2014)    Post subject: Bad print Reply with quote

I have never scuffed my bed.  Mine gets scratched up removing prints.  But I do use the abs slurry made by mixing a little abs with some acetone.  Let the abs dissolve in the acetone.  Also, when I really have a problem I turn off the fan and use something to cover the zortrax to keep the heat in.  I haven't gotten as fancy as some of the others, I just cover it with a thick plastic bag.  Warping occurs because of differences in temp between what is already there and the new material being extruded.  If I can't get it all to cool the same, then I try to keep it all hot and let it cool together after printing.  Leave the bag on for a long time after the print finishes so it all cools together.

I think the abs slurry will help a lot.  I used it on my Afinia and had parts stick so well that the perfboard would warp, but the part would stay firmly attached.

Kyle

PostPosted: Mon 12 May - 08:02 (2014)    Post subject: Bad print Reply with quote

When I say lightly I mean it. I just took the shine off the white coating on the pcb. I didn't sand through it. I also enclose the printer for large prints. 

RobertKamieniarz

PostPosted: Tue 13 May - 17:26 (2014)    Post subject: Bad print Reply with quote

next print, next bad print
just spells

Visit poster’s website
Kyle

PostPosted: Tue 13 May - 17:30 (2014)    Post subject: Bad print Reply with quote

You have loose set screws somewhere. Might be on motor pulley.

RobertKamieniarz

PostPosted: Tue 13 May - 17:34 (2014)    Post subject: Bad print Reply with quote

thank you

I'm looking for screws

Visit poster’s website
Kyle

PostPosted: Tue 13 May - 17:46 (2014)    Post subject: Bad print Reply with quote

See if you can move extruder left to right by hand when printer is on. If yes and all belts move up to motor. The pulley on the motor is loose.

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:27 (2017)    Post subject: Bad print

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index -> HARDWARE { M200 } -> PRINTING SAMPLES / Photos - videos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3  >
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

Portal | Index | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation