Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index

Zortrax M200 printer
Here is the forum to exchange, share feedbacks, and tips for our great Zortrax products.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My story with the Zortrax

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index -> HARDWARE { M200 } -> SHIPPING
Previous topic :: Next topic  
maddoc

PostPosted: Sun 4 May - 12:27 (2014)    Post subject: My story with the Zortrax Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
You can also read it as me trying to "mess with the Zohan"...

It is a rant, I am just unlucky for deciding to cancel and the printer should be great when you receive yours.
Remember that some users report great communication with them and others even had their units replaced free of charge.
This is just so you know that your mileage may vary!

This nice community gathered because of the support to Zortrax and not because they had problems with their printer at the moment poeple joined the forum. So this is indicative that if members have problems some time after joining the forum then there must be minor issues with QC.

I cancelled (or at least tried to and somewhat succeeded) the order because of a few reasons:

- changes in quality on recently shipped units
This is not a big problem per se as most problems can be solved easily but it denotes lack of interest on their part. For a 2000EUR printer this is not justified.
I stated 2000EUR because the printer was bought for a company so they charged extra for warranty.

- recent changes in parts (lead screw vs. ball screw, shipping the old display instead of the new one)
Still not a problem as the prints are the same quality but it denotes their (way higher) interest in profit by keeping the same price for a printer with lead screw. They could at least ship one or two extra rolls of filament to compensate the cost difference.

- no development in software for quite some time

- lack of communication and no responses to e-mails - I got my first response after starting the Paypal claim and they most probably got notified by Paypal.

- worst impression ever: They tried to make me stop the Paypal claim and only then return the money. It looks more like Russian mafia than a european business. I wrote them that it is not possible for me to end the only way that I can get my money back and that they should reverse the payment, stopping the claim automatically.
Then no answer from them for another week so I had to escalate the claim and let Paypal decide.

It will take some time before or IF i get my money back but at least I have confidence in Paypal.

pilou74

PostPosted: Tue 6 May - 00:08 (2014)    Post subject: My story with the Zortrax Reply with quote

Wow.... That's strong ! 
I really hope you get your money back, man ! I think you took the right decision.

maddoc

PostPosted: Tue 6 May - 11:58 (2014)    Post subject: My story with the Zortrax Reply with quote

Sorry Pilou, I tried to put it as nicely as possible.
99.999999% will have no problems.

Like I said, I am usually unlucky. And this was no exception for me.
Until I see the money back I have plenty of time to build the frame for my new bot and test the motion, then invest in the electronics and motors after mechanical part is well tested.

bluevoid

PostPosted: Wed 7 May - 22:00 (2014)    Post subject: My story with the Zortrax Reply with quote

How long did you for your printer before you claimed your money back?

maddoc

PostPosted: Wed 7 May - 22:31 (2014)    Post subject: My story with the Zortrax Reply with quote

4-5 weeks

bluevoid

PostPosted: Wed 7 May - 23:27 (2014)    Post subject: My story with the Zortrax Reply with quote

Zortrax says 2 - 8 weeks, so you really lost faith in the company/product. That is a pity. 

Kyle

PostPosted: Thu 8 May - 00:26 (2014)    Post subject: My story with the Zortrax Reply with quote

It is a shame.. I think you would have been pretty damn happy with it..

Jayjay278

PostPosted: Thu 8 May - 14:15 (2014)    Post subject: My story with the Zortrax Reply with quote

I've just ordered my printer and they are saying 4-7 weeks worldwide delivery!

Jayjay278

PostPosted: Thu 8 May - 23:28 (2014)    Post subject: My story with the Zortrax Reply with quote

Hi Maddoc, I understand what you are saying about poor communication. I emailed Zortrax expressing an interest in the printer. I asked about getting a free sample to check print quality. I also asked about delivery. It took two weeks to get a response!

I am giving them the benefit of the doubt as I think they are a fairly new company that are finding their feet. Any how, the M200 seems like the best printer on the market in this price bracket so I have gone ahead and ordered one! 

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 06:10 (2017)    Post subject: My story with the Zortrax

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index -> HARDWARE { M200 } -> SHIPPING All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Portal | Index | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation