Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index

Zortrax M200 printer
Here is the forum to exchange, share feedbacks, and tips for our great Zortrax products.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to fix a clogged nozzle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index -> HARDWARE { M200 } -> TROUBLESHOOTING
Previous topic :: Next topic  
bluevoid

PostPosted: Sat 26 Apr - 10:14 (2014)    Post subject: How to fix a clogged nozzle Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Both my nozzles clogged on the sameday, so I can not print anymore : (.I tried soaking them in  thinner for long time, heating to 300 degrees with heatgun, pincing with needle. No luck jet.
Does anybody have any other tips? 

Rob.

Andre

PostPosted: Sat 26 Apr - 13:17 (2014)    Post subject: How to fix a clogged nozzle Reply with quote

What kind of thinner? Use acetone only

Kyle

PostPosted: Sat 26 Apr - 16:39 (2014)    Post subject: How to fix a clogged nozzle Reply with quote

Heat with a torch to burn out old ABS.  Worked for me. Tighten screws on heater block too. (for cartridge and sensor) Mine were loose causing the block not to get hot enough. Extruder was clicking. Here are the results. 

julia

PostPosted: Mon 28 Apr - 15:36 (2014)    Post subject: How to fix a clogged nozzle Reply with quote

I soak in acetone or MEK (methyl ethyl ketone) for a day or so. I also take a 2mm twist bit and gently, by hand, use it to clean out the chamber directly behind the orifice. This chamber is not very visible and any gunk in there can have a big effect on extrusion. For the orifice itself a guitar string can be used.

MikeHenry

PostPosted: Mon 28 Apr - 15:39 (2014)    Post subject: How to fix a clogged nozzle Reply with quote

Would an ultrasonic cleaner help clean clogged nozzles?

Mike

bluevoid

PostPosted: Mon 28 Apr - 16:20 (2014)    Post subject: How to fix a clogged nozzle Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. Somehow I got them working again: using aceton thinner and a thin wire from a wire brush (0.35 mm).

I am using a clip and some paper tissues to prevent dust on the filament entering the tube/nozzle. I am surprised how much comes on it.
No clue about ultrasonic cleaning, sounds cool though Smile
Rob. 

MikeHenry

PostPosted: Mon 28 Apr - 19:44 (2014)    Post subject: How to fix a clogged nozzle Reply with quote

Ultrasonic cleaners are available inexpensively ($50US?) in the US from a company called Harbor Freight, though they aren't as good as the ones from Branson, which probably cost a couple orders of magnitude more. The ones from Harbor Freight are probably all made in China so you could probably find similar ones on Ebay. I see 1800 listings there for less than $100US.

Mike

Kyle

PostPosted: Mon 28 Apr - 19:46 (2014)    Post subject: How to fix a clogged nozzle Reply with quote

A propane torch is cheap and very effective.  Burns the abs right out. 

MikeHenry

PostPosted: Tue 29 Apr - 15:26 (2014)    Post subject: How to fix a clogged nozzle Reply with quote

Kyle - any concerns about partially combusted residue?

Mike

Kyle

PostPosted: Tue 29 Apr - 15:37 (2014)    Post subject: How to fix a clogged nozzle Reply with quote

Nope.. didn't have any problems. 

bluevoid

PostPosted: Tue 29 Apr - 16:06 (2014)    Post subject: How to fix a clogged nozzle Reply with quote

Kyle: what temperature does the propane torch reach. I have a heatgun which claims to reach 600 degrees celcius. Would that do, or is that way to much for the nozzle?The nozzle is made of bronze right?

Kyle

PostPosted: Tue 29 Apr - 16:11 (2014)    Post subject: How to fix a clogged nozzle Reply with quote

Not sure how hot I got it.. just enough to burn it out..

julia

PostPosted: Tue 29 Apr - 16:14 (2014)    Post subject: How to fix a clogged nozzle Reply with quote

Just be prudent - Angelo used a butane torch and melted his nozzle Sad

bluevoid

PostPosted: Tue 29 Apr - 16:25 (2014)    Post subject: How to fix a clogged nozzle Reply with quote

prudent: I had to look that one up Smile. Yes I heard before of people getting deformed/melted nozzles from using a torch. Bronze melts at  900 degrees celcius acoording to wikipedia, no idea when it starts to deform. I will stick to acetone and thinner as long as that works Smile.

Kyle

PostPosted: Tue 29 Apr - 16:58 (2014)    Post subject: How to fix a clogged nozzle Reply with quote

How long did Angelo hold the torch on it??? Abs melts out at maybe 300c .  600c is melting poing point of aluminum bronze.  Big temp difference. I think the nozzle is something better than aluminum bronze.

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:27 (2017)    Post subject: How to fix a clogged nozzle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index -> HARDWARE { M200 } -> TROUBLESHOOTING All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Portal | Index | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation