Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index

Zortrax M200 printer
Here is the forum to exchange, share feedbacks, and tips for our great Zortrax products.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Other filaments more stronger ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index -> HARDWARE { M200 } -> HARDWARE [M200]
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Virgo

PostPosted: Thu 24 Apr - 20:31 (2014)    Post subject: Other filaments more stronger ? Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Hi,
I would like to use more resistant materials than ABS, I think to PC-ABS, or more preferably carbon filament. Does anyone here ever tried with Zortrax?
Thank you.

Virgo

PostPosted: Sat 26 Apr - 20:32 (2014)    Post subject: Other filaments more stronger ? Reply with quote

Well, i reply to myself Mr. Green
After some research it seems that the Zortrax temperature extrusion is not compatible with other filaments like PCABS... But looking at the new support Zortrax section, it seems that the Z-PCABS and others are still ahead (Z-ULTRAT, Z-PCABS, Z-NYLON.) We have to wait, hopefully not too long !
i am (i suppose we are) very intrigued to know the characteristics of the Z-ULTRAT...
Zortrax guys, if you read me, please think to carbon material, this is the ultimate component for real useful prototypes.

Kyle

PostPosted: Sat 26 Apr - 21:31 (2014)    Post subject: Other filaments more stronger ? Reply with quote

Check out this link. They print at 260C. Zortrax extruder is 260C.. http://www.protoparadigm.com/blog/2011/12/printing-polycarbonate/

Virgo

PostPosted: Sat 26 Apr - 23:26 (2014)    Post subject: Other filaments more stronger ? Reply with quote

Kyle, thank you so much for this link, this is very instructive. Okay
Unfortunately the sales for this PC filament were discontinued and the product is no longer available today.
But all this shows one thing : polycarbonate printing is possible with 260° extrusion. I have yet to find a supplier.

Kyle

PostPosted: Sat 26 Apr - 23:49 (2014)    Post subject: Other filaments more stronger ? Reply with quote

Try this.. https://ultimachine.com/category/catalog/print-materials/polycarbonate/poly…

Virgo

PostPosted: Sun 27 Apr - 10:55 (2014)    Post subject: Other filaments more stronger ? Reply with quote

Sounds like 300° is necessary to print correctly this material, with 0.8mm extrusion width (http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?1,269881,page=2). Not good for Zortrax i suppose..  It's possible that it works all the same, but maybe it's wiser to wait a bit and see if Zortrax decided to market its own PC-ABS. If it is not the case in a few weeks, I would make a try. However, thank you for your help Kyle.

jack

PostPosted: Sun 11 May - 07:44 (2014)    Post subject: Other filaments more stronger ? Reply with quote

I've tried to print using every Taulman filament available and PC-ABS using the M200, it's impossible to obtain a decent print using none of both, temp is too high for Taulman Bridge and removing support material is impossible when printing with nylon, in a few days I will be trying the 3DXTech iOn filament, let's see what happens.

Visit poster’s website
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:28 (2017)    Post subject: Other filaments more stronger ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index -> HARDWARE { M200 } -> HARDWARE [M200] All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Portal | Index | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation