Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index

Zortrax M200 printer
Here is the forum to exchange, share feedbacks, and tips for our great Zortrax products.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flashforge Creator samples

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSIONS -> Prints from other machines
Previous topic :: Next topic  
maddoc

PostPosted: Thu 17 Apr - 22:17 (2014)    Post subject: Flashforge Creator samples Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
While waiting for the Zortrax to ship I got the Mankati, then this printer. I heard a lot of good things about the Sailfish firmware for these printers and wanted to try the firmware out.

Sailfish works on Mightyboards (Makerbot and clones) and this printer is a Makerbot clone (of the first wooden version). The hardware itself looks puny, fragile and really doesn't inspire much confidence, especially after the 26kg iron clad Mankati. But I reckoned that for the price I get 5 steppers, 2 hotends (MK8), a heated bed PCB, a power source (nice one) and the Mightyboard + lcd, buttons and SD card reader so I didn't expect it to work at all.

As it is with such things in life, the result is much different (I put a lot of work in the Mankati to make it print as good as possible) and the puny FFC demonstrated differently.

Both samples printed at 0.2mm/layer, 80 or 90mm/s (so fast I thought that the wooden frame would come apart).

Gray PLA is with the firmware that was shipped with the printer, Golden PLA is with Sailfish firmware, sliced with Makerware.

maddoc

PostPosted: Fri 18 Apr - 14:16 (2014)    Post subject: Flashforge Creator samples Reply with quote

Not a printing sample per se but I enjoy very (VERY) much the "Ditto" feature of the Sailfish firmware.

If I have parts less than 34mm wide (90% of my prints) i can use this firmware feature and print both extruders at the same time.
It's like computing multicore world, having 1 build time for two prints.

PS: As usual, I'm not advocating for the printers or samples I present, they are just to allow others to build a general image and a way for me to share some of my thoughts (at the moment of writing) on those printers.

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 19:12 (2018)    Post subject: Flashforge Creator samples

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSIONS -> Prints from other machines All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Portal | Index | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation