Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index

Zortrax M200 printer
Here is the forum to exchange, share feedbacks, and tips for our great Zortrax products.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alternate filament source ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index -> HARDWARE { M200 } -> SHIPPING
Previous topic :: Next topic  
f1iqf

PostPosted: Sat 12 Apr - 10:27 (2014)    Post subject: Alternate filament source ? Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Hi guys !

I'm glad to have found this alternate forum to discuss about my favourite 3d printer !

I have an issue and a question... I am quite happy with the printer, but getting filament from zortrax is a nightmare...
I ordered twice from them: first time they shipped quite quiclky, in march, and I got it within 2 weeks. However : they delivered the wrong colors, and when I contacted them about that to know how to fix it, they simply didn't answer (never). I made another order one month ago, and the order is still at "processing"... and doesn't move !

So my printer is kind of useless right now Crying or Very sad

Would someone have experience with another brand of ABS plastics that could be ordered within Europe (if possible) ? Is there problems using Zortrax with another ABS brand ?

Thank you very much in advance !
Nicolas Smile

Visit poster’s website
YosemiteSam

PostPosted: Sat 12 Apr - 13:42 (2014)    Post subject: Alternate filament source ? Reply with quote

Did you place an order for new colors (blue, red, green)?

pilou74

PostPosted: Sat 12 Apr - 14:57 (2014)    Post subject: Alternate filament source ? Reply with quote

I have stocked up 15 spools so I never ordered from them again, but I am interested to the answers too. 

I'd like to know if there is alternatives in Europe...

f1iqf

PostPosted: Sun 13 Apr - 08:59 (2014)    Post subject: Alternate filament source ? Reply with quote

@YosemiteSam,
Yes... Bad pick ?

Visit poster’s website
YosemiteSam

PostPosted: Sun 13 Apr - 09:49 (2014)    Post subject: Alternate filament source ? Reply with quote

Yes. They actually do not have those colors in stock.

When I figured that out I sent them an email to replace:

Blue with Sky Blue
Green with Cool Grey
Red with Pure White

f1iqf

PostPosted: Sun 13 Apr - 15:30 (2014)    Post subject: Alternate filament source ? Reply with quote

@YosemiteSam, Thank you.
That still means that lately, they can't be relied upon very much.
And that my initial question remains : any trouble using ABS from other sources ?

Well, I'm running very low, and have orders to fullfill... I mights just as well try and see. But any experience would be appreciated !

Thanks Confused

Visit poster’s website
pilou74

PostPosted: Sun 13 Apr - 22:11 (2014)    Post subject: Alternate filament source ? Reply with quote

salut f1, 

Don't worry, Julia and a lot of other members used third party filaments ABS and it works very fine. No problem at all for now. 

Julia usually uses the Up filament and is very happy with it. 

venosa

PostPosted: Mon 14 Apr - 02:01 (2014)    Post subject: Filament in London Reply with quote

I have almost no experience, Zortrax arrived two days ago, but today I used a filament I bought in London. iMakr store. A little heavy the price but a good alternative in Europe.
This is a shot of a print in printer:

link to the filament on iMakr http://www.imakr.com/product/view/formfutura-175mm-abs
Direct link to the producer http://www.formfutura.com/175mm-filaments/abs/premium-abs/

Actually I think I bought this one: http://www.imakr.com/product/view/abs-175mm-filament

f1iqf

PostPosted: Mon 14 Apr - 07:54 (2014)    Post subject: Alternate filament source ? Reply with quote

Thank you very much !

I don't know if Zortrax people are reading this forum Confused but my order, silent for a month now, has just switched to "ready for shipping" this morning. Maybe it's just luck. Or not Laughing
That could mean that the new colors could be shippable soon.

However, by curiosity, I am going to order a spool from those guys in France : http://www.filament-3d-imprimante.fr/1/filament-3d-abs-175mm/22-filament-ab…
I selected them because for the temperature range of their ABS they indicate 220-260°C (which match the 260 from the Zortrax. I found several that say 220-250 for an example, but I'm not sure if it's relevant), and the product is said to be ROHS (because I have small kids at home... never know !).

I will let you know. For the time beeing, thank you all very much for your information and reassurance !

Cheers Smile

Visit poster’s website
Richdon

PostPosted: Mon 14 Apr - 08:07 (2014)    Post subject: Alternate filament source ? Reply with quote

@f1iqf Hello I was wondering if you would share what your order number was and from what store. "international, or european"

Semper Fi
Richard B.

f1iqf

PostPosted: Tue 15 Apr - 20:16 (2014)    Post subject: Alternate filament source ? Reply with quote

@Richdon : my order had ID 328 on international store and was finaly shipped yesterday, I got a DHL tracking number, meaning they do have the new colors in stock now (I ordered black and red among new colors). I just hope this time they shipped the colors I ordered !

Visit poster’s website
MALEK95120

PostPosted: Tue 12 Aug - 14:24 (2014)    Post subject: Alternate filament source ? Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that. Have you tried ordering ABS filaments here www.3d2print.net/shop/3d-printer-filament/abs-filament/? After ordering at ebay which is a total nightmare also for me (their ABS and PLA filaments are prone to filament jamming), the only supplier I found near our location here in Denmark is 3D2print. I ordered there twice when I needed an extra spool of nylon and several reels of ABS in various colours. So far, it gives me a smooth printing and good output.

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 00:33 (2017)    Post subject: Alternate filament source ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index -> HARDWARE { M200 } -> SHIPPING All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Portal | Index | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation