Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index

Zortrax M200 printer
Here is the forum to exchange, share feedbacks, and tips for our great Zortrax products.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mankati samples
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSIONS -> Prints from other machines
Previous topic :: Next topic  
maddoc

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jun - 00:06 (2014)    Post subject: Mankati samples Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Once you find the right settings then you will be able to get great results, most of the time on the firtst try.

Sorry about the 0.05mm layer picture, I can't find the print right now to take a pic and can't print it again right at this moment.

kellez

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jun - 08:30 (2014)    Post subject: Mankati samples Reply with quote

ok no problem about the picture. are you the creator of the double E3D duel extruder support in thingiverse fpor the manakti?

CT4

PostPosted: Fri 4 Jul - 06:37 (2014)    Post subject: Mankati samples Reply with quote

Kellez
Your expectations are unreasonable regards click and print on this level of printer. If you want a foolproof system then send your prints to Shapeways, Or you could fork out some serious money and buy a Statasys printer, although they do not come with the personal lubricant that you will need to survive the shafting Statasys  willl give you re materials and service fees!
I run a Makerbot Replicator 2 and it is a good printer but it still fails every so often. You need to service it every 50 hours or so and there are a whole bunch of tricks I have learned over the past 1000 hours of it's use. Lubricating the PLA has fixed 80% of the problems. Other time the filament it's self will have a problem, I had one quality roll of PLA that near the end reduced in diameter to the point that the extruder could no longer drive it, so it produced an air print.  Quite a few of the failures are not the printer but a badly drawn model or indifferently sliced model. While I usually use Simplify 3D software and get great results I have one model that prints fine in Makerware and Slic3r but fails every time in S3D. As for your desire to print at 20 micron I think that you will be hard pressed to see any difference between that and one printed at 100 micron. When I started printing I started at 100 micron, seriously long print times! most of my prints are now done at 250-300 micron. Here are some of the things I have printed. https://www.thingiverse.com/Botmaster/designs

tagyro

PostPosted: Mon 18 Aug - 17:52 (2014)    Post subject: Lousy product and even lousier customer support Reply with quote

"This case has been finished,
I was unhappy with Mankati at the beginning, but later they have helped me to solve this problem very well, now everything is OK. Thanks Mankati"

Last edited by tagyro on Tue 23 Sep - 08:59 (2014); edited 1 time in total
maddoc

PostPosted: Sat 30 Aug - 17:11 (2014)    Post subject: Mankati samples Reply with quote

After some light usage, the brass bushings got loose, inducing a lot of ghosting on the surface.
A bar got some weird play, creating a bump in the middle also adding to lousy print quality.

I tore the XY carriage completely down and am now designing a Core-XY carriage for it. So far it looks good, still need to print a few pieces to get it to work again. Will get back with results.
I hope to get good results from using 15mm rods on a Core-XY assembly type. The motors will be placed on the outside of the frame so there will be nothing left inside. I hope to be able to mount a chamber heater to keep the whole inside at a high temperature without damaging anything.

My conclusion: good Z (ball screw + thick rods), great bed (glass and heater were ok on mine), good extruder assembly (metal), sturdy metal frame, ok electronics based on arduino. The rest is simply not usable (original XY carriage, hotends)

MALEK95120

PostPosted: Wed 3 Sep - 14:00 (2014)    Post subject: Mankati samples Reply with quote

So far, I had no problem printing with PLA. I’m currently using the upgraded 3D2PRO series 1.7mm PLA from 3D2print. Compared to regular PLA, this one is easy to print with a lower temperature and it's tougher and less brittle.

maddoc

PostPosted: Wed 3 Sep - 18:28 (2014)    Post subject: Mankati samples Reply with quote

Weird, mine uses 3mm dia. filament.

Anyway, just printing a sample cube at 40mm/s basic speed and switching to 100mm and 160mm/s after some height.
So far the reusults look very promising. I will post some pics later.

PS: Me very happy now!

Edit: the 45degree infill is printed using only one motor (core xy working principle feature), looks much faster than the regular carriage.

maddoc

PostPosted: Fri 5 Sep - 00:30 (2014)    Post subject: Mankati samples Reply with quote

First test, no bed levelling, found some design errors that will be corrected soon. Quality much better than I expected from a first test.

This is at 40mm/s, made the test with 100 and 160mm/s, with good results in quality for all speeds.
CoreXY IS the way!

PS: even this lousy test has much better quality on the walls than the original mankati XY carriage had...

maddoc

PostPosted: Sat 6 Sep - 02:07 (2014)    Post subject: Mankati samples Reply with quote

Here is the second test print, 0.20mm layers in black PLA.

1 = bottom
2 = curved lateral and a few straight layers @ 40mm/s
3 = 80mm/s
4 = 100mm/s
5 = 160mm/s
6 = 240mm/s

The ridges are so small, they are visible only when shining the light from an angle. And only on dark colored filaments.

I am very happy now with this printer, although it is hardly a Mankati anymore...

Trhuster

PostPosted: Sat 6 Sep - 08:56 (2014)    Post subject: Mankati samples Reply with quote

Very impressive work you have done Maddoc! And i agree core x/y is the way to goo. Nice to have you back. Smile

maddoc

PostPosted: Tue 9 Sep - 10:28 (2014)    Post subject: Mankati samples Reply with quote

Ok, did some minor tweaks but everything that holds the carriage is still printed in PLA.
I will laser cut some Delrin to make the final carriage. I needed to know first that it is worthwile. Seems I have a winner here.

The surface is perfect, you can see the layers only when shining a bright light at an angle. There is no ghosting at 40mm/s for outer perimeters and everything else can be printed up to 240mm/s.

Here are some new samples printed in 0.3mm layers, green PLA:

Trhuster

PostPosted: Tue 9 Sep - 11:01 (2014)    Post subject: Mankati samples Reply with quote

This is very nice! So much time to save with 240mm/s for infill/inner perimeters. I will also buy a Core X/Y machine this year, i hope.  Cool

FractalBuddha

PostPosted: Mon 15 Sep - 19:54 (2014)    Post subject: Mankati samples Reply with quote

Hi Maddoc
Nice work with the modifications of the Mankati !

You seem to have a good experience with 3D printers. The Mankati is the best printer I saw on the market because of the build volume, the semi-closed chamber, the conception, the dual extruder and the price. I am about to buy it. Do you think I am right about that ?

You are complaining about the XY table and the extruder.
It impossible to print ABS with it or it is too slow ?
Is it really so terrible or you are a perfectionist ?
Is it difficult to replace the extruder for the E3D ?
Is it ok for you to lose the dual extruder ?
If I replace regularly the brass bushing, do you think I could have good prints in long term ?

Thank you

maddoc

PostPosted: Mon 15 Sep - 21:14 (2014)    Post subject: Mankati samples Reply with quote

Hi F.B.,

At this moment, I wouldn't recommend it as your only printer. And only get it if you don't mind tinkering with it.
For 1500$ you could get other metal printers with nice features and probably better specs.

With the original hotend i couldn't print ABS at usable speeds (over 40mm/s). You can also read it like this: I couldn't print ABS at all. I never go less than 40mm/s and that is for the first layer only.
It is not too bad for PLA as it comes but the hotend is total crap (unless they changed it). I am a perfectionist when it comes to ready-to-use prints vs. time spent printing it.
If you ask the question, then yes, it is difficult to replace the hotend. You need the printed part then tear down the printer carriage and put it back on with the printed part. If it doesn't fit, what then?
I didn't loose the dual extruder. I prefer printing with a single hotend because of smaller weight and also less risk of the second hot end kicking the print around. The second one could be easily mounted back if needed (never going to happen).
Not only the brass bushings are problematic, the smooth rods are 6-8mm, pretty flimsy for my taste. The whole design is dubious. But this is only because of my taste in heavy duty machines. I always over-engineer stuff 2-3 fold so that I don't have headaches later.

FractalBuddha

PostPosted: Mon 15 Sep - 21:42 (2014)    Post subject: Mankati samples Reply with quote

So dual extruder is not a must to obtain good prints ?

Could you give me some names of printers you could recommand ?
It's been a year since I shop for a 3D printer. I want a reliable printer, good print size, possibility to print ABS, good speed, good resolution and under $ 2,300

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:26 (2017)    Post subject: Mankati samples

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSIONS -> Prints from other machines All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3  >
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

Portal | Index | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation