Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index

Zortrax M200 printer
Here is the forum to exchange, share feedbacks, and tips for our great Zortrax products.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mankati samples
Goto page: 1, 2, 3  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSIONS -> Prints from other machines
Previous topic :: Next topic  
maddoc

PostPosted: Fri 4 Apr - 03:48 (2014)    Post subject: Mankati samples Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
These are pictures from a Mankati printer but using at the moment 1 E3D all metal hotend.
My current opinion about this printer is that it has good mechanics but a terrible hotend design. After switching the hotend I can finnaly enjoy it and it even amazes me once in a while what results I can get with it.

Following will be some test prints made with this printer. Posted in no particular order.

Dragon bottom, same problem, the bottom doesn't look right.

Make torture test, I forgot to add support for overhangs.

Lego Batman
Outer: 60mm/s
Inner: 90mm/s
Infill: 150mm/s
0.2mm layer height

Last edited by maddoc on Sun 6 Apr - 20:30 (2014); edited 1 time in total
maddoc

PostPosted: Fri 4 Apr - 22:12 (2014)    Post subject: Mankati samples Reply with quote

Finally looks like I found my settings for quality.
It looks better in real life, black PLA is hard to take a correct picture.

Lego Batman hands
Outer: 30mm/s
Inner: 60mm/s
Infill: 60mm/s
0.2mm layer height, 0.4 nozzle

pilou74

PostPosted: Sat 5 Apr - 01:12 (2014)    Post subject: Mankati samples Reply with quote

I moved the topic in the right folder (printing from other machines). I hope that's ok. Thanks. Wink

maddoc

PostPosted: Sun 6 Apr - 20:27 (2014)    Post subject: Mankati samples Reply with quote

Thanks Pilou, I didn't see this space on the forum, sorry for giving you extra work.

I had time to play a little more with it this weekend and managed to get even better prints than the lego hands.

Here is a Eurokey Wink with a close-up on the walls. You can see the extruder and X movement steps in the filament because of the close-up picture but in real life it looks simply perfect.

0.2mm Z, black PLA directly on glass (no glue or anything else) giving me a perfect bottom finish.

dgtaylor45

PostPosted: Mon 7 Apr - 00:49 (2014)    Post subject: Mankati samples Reply with quote

That looks great.

pilou74

PostPosted: Mon 7 Apr - 21:12 (2014)    Post subject: Mankati samples Reply with quote

nice !  Smile

maddoc

PostPosted: Tue 8 Apr - 00:05 (2014)    Post subject: Mankati samples Reply with quote

I had a failed print last night, during the 6h print I had to crank the temp from 210 to 220 and then to 230C. Black PLA.
Using E3D hot end, it started grinding the filament in the extruder. After each of the 10C increase in temp it worked again ok but because of the 2-3 missing slices at each point, the print was ruined.

I hate Cura for not retracting at all between some moves  of the head even if it retracted ok on others and Slic3r for taking more than 1h to slice and before saving it crapped out with an error.

Does anyone have any experience with Simplify 3D? Judging from the forums it is still struggling to get a lot of features while still having some errors along the way but costing also money.

maddoc

PostPosted: Tue 15 Apr - 01:23 (2014)    Post subject: Mankati samples Reply with quote

Some 200mm/s pron:

maddoc

PostPosted: Tue 15 Apr - 15:37 (2014)    Post subject: Mankati samples Reply with quote

Difference between Cura and Slic3r:

Cura: (0.3mm layer, 60mm/s and 80mm/s) a lot of ripples repeating

Slic3r: (0.3mm layer for first 3cm then 0.4mm layers, 80mm/s)

maddoc

PostPosted: Tue 15 Apr - 16:29 (2014)    Post subject: Mankati samples Reply with quote

And here the two Lucy the cat large compared.
Watch out, they are 21MP pics.

Slic3r:

Cura:

Left Cura, right Slic3r:

maddoc

PostPosted: Wed 16 Apr - 00:23 (2014)    Post subject: Mankati samples Reply with quote

Fitted a 0.25mm nozzle, still E3D v5 hot end.

Following Lucy the cat is printed with that nozzle at 0.2mm layer height, total height is 27.5mm tall.
Screw is M3x16.

kellez

PostPosted: Sun 1 Jun - 10:30 (2014)    Post subject: Mankati samples Reply with quote

Hello there,
i have been looking for a mankati full-scale xt owner for a couple of months and here you are Smile . I am interested on buying the full-scale xt, it seams a really good choice at a decent price, large build volume, high print resolution at 20 microns, double extruder. when comparing this features to makerbot replicator for sure mankati is a winner as it has larger build, volume higher resolution nd more extruders and almost half price. 

However from what i see you are already experiencing an issue with the full-scale xt regarding the extruder. can you please describe the problem in more detail? when did the issue arise or you had it right from the beginning?

After going through your thread it seams like you are struggling to get a nice print and some times your prints fail. does this mean that to get a good print you have to try several times?

Also i am wondering if the full-scale xt can actually print at 20 microns layer resolution. I want to see if the green owl in this video (please see link below) really came out of the full-scale xt. Please see the video and comment, do you really believe that the green owl was 3d printed using the full-scale xt?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...fZoGqNT0#t=282

can you please try printing the green owl at 20 microns?

maddoc

PostPosted: Mon 2 Jun - 21:06 (2014)    Post subject: Mankati samples Reply with quote

The answer is simple.

If you want success from the first click (aka. load stl and click print) then look elsewhere:
Makerbot, UP!/Afinia, Zortrax. And not even these can guarantee a 100% success rate.

3D printing in general is not yet ready for consumer level. There are too many factors at play for a successful print.

With all the other printers there is a learning curve. You need to fully understand the process and the capabilities of the printer. Only then will you know what to expect from the printer.
Getting back to the Mank, it is a sturdy printer, with good mechanics but a badly designed print head. The thermal transfer is too low. The original print head can do PLA without problems but only PLA. I had no problems printing with it jobs of 50hours. I needed it to print a lot of different materials and the E3D hotend was perfect for the job so I changed it.

Otherwise, nothing to complain. I believe that owl to be printed on the Mank, as technically it is possible to have such a nice print.
About layers: a 100micron layer is more than enough. 20microns is total overkill and the owl would probably take a week or more to print at 0.020mm layers. Usually you will print at 0.2 or more.

I have made a print at 0.050mm layer height just to test it and it looked really nice but the printing was very slooooooow.

kellez

PostPosted: Tue 3 Jun - 14:15 (2014)    Post subject: Mankati samples Reply with quote

This is the most worrying part for me....not getting a successful print from the first click. Lets talk more about this issue so that i can completely understand where the problem is.

Lets say that after using the printer for sometime and experimenting to find the best settings to get good prints will you still not be able to get a successful print from one click? What i mean is that once you find the best settings for the printer will you be able to get successful prints from one click?

If the answer is no then my question is why? what are the reasons that can cause a print failure with the mankati but not with the makerbot?

can you please post a picture of the object you printed at 50 microns?

kellez

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jun - 11:09 (2014)    Post subject: Mankati samples Reply with quote

any news on the manakti?

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 06:12 (2017)    Post subject: Mankati samples

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSIONS -> Prints from other machines All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page: 1, 2, 3  >
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

Portal | Index | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation