Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index

Zortrax M200 printer
Here is the forum to exchange, share feedbacks, and tips for our great Zortrax products.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zortrax forum down.
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index -> NEWS -> ZORTRAX NEWS
Previous topic :: Next topic  
dgtaylor45

PostPosted: Fri 28 Mar - 22:16 (2014)    Post subject: Zortrax forum down. Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
It seems the official zortrax forum is currently offline.  Been offline for several hours.  Wonder when it will come back?

dgtaylor45

PostPosted: Sat 29 Mar - 02:52 (2014)    Post subject: Zortrax forum down. Reply with quote

Forum is still down Sad .

Wonder what caused it and if all the previous posts will still be there.

Kyle

PostPosted: Sat 29 Mar - 03:16 (2014)    Post subject: Zortrax forum down. Reply with quote

Good question..

dgtaylor45

PostPosted: Sat 29 Mar - 17:16 (2014)    Post subject: Zortrax forum down. Reply with quote

Wow, zortrax.com/forum still down.  I wish I had translated all the things being said in Polish before it went down.  There seemed to be a lively discussion going on there.

pilou74

PostPosted: Sat 29 Mar - 20:30 (2014)    Post subject: Zortrax forum down. Reply with quote

Was the discussion about the weight of the spools ? Or anything else ? 

If it was a maintenance, it shouldn't be so long....

Monkey_Nuts

PostPosted: Sun 30 Mar - 12:25 (2014)    Post subject: Zortrax forum down. Reply with quote

Ah, thank you for this forum. came across it in my research

I only recently placed an ordered for the Zortrax 3D printer. and then suddenly the official Zortrax forum is gone.

I don't know what happened either, I did notice a lot of political comments and stuff. Seemed a combination of some users being aggressive and some replies from Zortrax being equally aggressive.

I hope things gets back to normal. I was just getting into reading all the threads. I think a forum is necessary for this product. there were some really interesting threads I was reading whilst waiting for the printer.

thanks for setting this forum up.

Smile

pilou74

PostPosted: Sun 30 Mar - 13:23 (2014)    Post subject: Zortrax forum down. Reply with quote

for your information, the official forum was built after this one. So even if they don't come back, this forum here will always be there, as a backup solution. 

And this forum here is totally free and not controlled by Zortrax team, it's owned by the users of the printer, so it will always be like this. 

Wink

dgtaylor45

PostPosted: Sun 30 Mar - 17:35 (2014)    Post subject: Zortrax forum down. Reply with quote

My main concern with the forum being down is how are we supposed to know if there are any updates.  They threatened to ban me and did ban several others for statements negative to the zortrax printer.  If that is the case why not ban the political statements.  Those statements get the forum shut down, while true problems with the printer get people banned?

At this point in time I don't think I could recommend a Zortrax printer.  Yes it works just like it is if you want to print with their ABS.  I have also printed with some third party ABS.  But all the great features such as temp control, auto bed calibration, and ability to use other materials are not there.

I think they took it down so that negative comments can not be seen.  It is my understanding that they are going to go public with the company and try to raise a lot of money.  People don't invest in companies that their customers are constantly pointing out how they have been misled on features or shipping times.

Go through some of the posts here.  Martin stated some features would be available in a couple of weeks back in December of 2013.  Those features are not available yet.  That is what is great about this forum.  The zortrax team would just delete posts they did not like.  Here they have no control.

Monkey_Nuts - having said all this don't worry.  You will get a printer, and it will work.  Just not as well as it could and not as well as we were promised.  I make prints on mine still.  I will say it is no better than my Afinia, just has a larger print bed.

MikeHenry

PostPosted: Sat 5 Apr - 18:32 (2014)    Post subject: Zortrax forum down. Reply with quote

It's a week later and the Zortrax company forum is still down.  I emailed support about that and was told that it would be back shortly at first and later only that it might be back and that if it was it would be "free talk" meaning that there would be no or little official Zortrax presence.  The official reason for the shutdown seemed to be that too many customers were using the forum for asking shipping questions and expecting official answers on tech support whereas Zortrax apparently feels that those issues are best addressed by emailing Zortrax support or sales.  Apparently some customers were even trying send shipping instructions by private mail on the forum.  If that's true, it was probably overwhelming the Zortrax staff when they need to focus on checking out and shipping new printers and updating software and firmware feature sets.

I'm not sure how much I believe those official reasons, though they do make some sense to me.  A desire to silence critics at least possible to me, and I can sympathize with that given that they are a small company with young employees that may react with less professionalism than a more mature and seasoned company would.  I've been thinking of canceling my March 29 order for a printer and filament but am inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt for at least a few more weeks, especially since finding this forum.  I'm hoping that they have the skills and management to fulfill the feature promises they made and that they can survive long enough to be become financially stable.  That will probably be easier for them to achieve without the temptation to babysit their forum.  So, I'm making a US$2500 bet on that, at least for the time being.

Mike, near Chicago

pilou74

PostPosted: Sat 5 Apr - 20:40 (2014)    Post subject: Zortrax forum down. Reply with quote

Mike, I already proposed them a way of processing with their forum but they didn't care.
The idea was for them to avoid daily presence on the forum and maybe only have dedicated link through "admin" or "moderators" that would feed then with big topics where we would need their answer. And leave the forum for mass people and avoid personal interaction.

But they never agreed to that. My opinion is that that want to control everything and they don't want people to criticize their job. Do, for me, unless they dramatically change their mindset, there will not be any major change there.
But we will always have this forum here as a backup or support. No censorship here, freedom is the main value and it works well.
We are glad to know you decided to keep your order after you find us. You will see it's a great machine, in the end. We all are happy with it.

smile

PostPosted: Fri 11 Apr - 00:15 (2014)    Post subject: Zortrax forum down. Reply with quote

Quote:
 My opinion is that that want to control everything and they don't want people to criticize their job. Do, for me, unless they dramatically change their mindset, there will not be any major change there.

Sure they wan't it their way or no other way.
I see Polish people demanding their rights in our country every day on TV, they want to write street names in their own language in a foreign country etc.
They sabotage our country in Eu parlament with false statements etc. I would not expect their attitude to improve, especially since they want "no questions asked users" as their only customers.

VipeR

PostPosted: Fri 11 Apr - 10:46 (2014)    Post subject: Zortrax forum down. Reply with quote

And you are from?

This is curious for me because lies without covering the facts what are spread by some countries are stunning me with their stupidity.

Kyle

PostPosted: Sat 12 Apr - 01:13 (2014)    Post subject: Zortrax forum down. Reply with quote

Mike.. I'm I agree with Pilou.. Glad you kept your order.. You will be happy with it. I have had a few orders on 3Dhubs already and they are really happy with the print quality. 

MikeHenry

PostPosted: Sat 12 Apr - 04:39 (2014)    Post subject: Zortrax forum down. Reply with quote

Kyle wrote:
Mike.. I'm I agree with Pilou.. Glad you kept your order.. You will be happy with it. I have had a few orders on 3Dhubs already and they are really happy with the print quality. 

Thanks for the encouragement.  I'm not sure what Smile's (is that name an oxymoron?) problem is with Zortrax, but I don't put much stock in his opinions so far as Zortrax is concerned.  Now if it would just get here, or at least make into shipping.  I already have a very simple 1st project - a toolholder for my CNC mill tools.  

Mike

Kyle

PostPosted: Sat 12 Apr - 05:15 (2014)    Post subject: Zortrax forum down. Reply with quote

I need to make one for mine as well. That's a good idea!!! Waiting on more filament though.. What kind of CNC mill do you have?

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 19:14 (2018)    Post subject: Zortrax forum down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zortrax M200 printer Forum Index -> NEWS -> ZORTRAX NEWS All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Portal | Index | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation